Frequently Asked Questions
General information on the website
- What information is contained in the Findbuch?
- How many records are contained in the Findbuch?
- Which file holdings does the Findbuch contain?
- Where do the records of the Findbuch come from and how were they processed?
Terms and conditions of use/registration
- What are the requirements for using the Findbuch?
- Why is it necessary to register?
- Registration for institutions
- How long do I have to wait after registering until I get the access data for the login?
File information and archive information
- What expenses can I expect to incur?
- How do I order a file appearing in the detail view?
- Is there a file bound to each record?
- What is the meaning of the file’s signature?
- What does the archival information Akt in Verstoss (“file currently unlocatable”) or Akt liegt nicht ein (“file not enclosed”) mean?
- What does the annotation ABGETRETEN (“re-assigned”) mean on the property notices?
- Why can’t I find a record?
Information regarding address directories and official handbooks
- Why can’t I find this named address in the city map?
- A searched name does not correspond to the indicated address.
- Where can I find reading aids for the German gothic script or joined-up handwriting?
Technical advice for the use of the website
© National Fund of the Republic Austria for Victims of National Socialism